The Vatican has refused to confirm or deny reports that it has once again been subject to a cyber attack by hostile hackers, reports the Catholic News Agency.
“No comment,” said a two-word statement from the Vatican Press Office in response to an inquiry from CNA on Friday.
According to report last Wednesday from FOX Business, the Vatican discovered that it had been victim to “a sophisticated and targeted cyber attack.”
The internet security firm Radware issued a threat alert early last week that a new Trojan malware – short for “malicious software” – was being used for the first time against one of its customers.
A confidential source told Fox Business that the victim of the attack was the Vatican and claimed that “the tool was quite sophisticated, apparently focused and, until now, stealthy.”
FULL STORY Vatican refuses to comment on cyber attack rumours (CNA)