Australian missionary Sr Patricia Fox has again been ordered to leave the Philippines and blacklisted to bar her return, after angering President Rodrigo Duterte. Source: ABC News.
Sr Patricia, 71, has lived in the Philippines for 27 years. In April, Mr Duterte accused Sr Patricia of disorderly conduct and called her an undesirable alien.
The deportation order accuses Sr Patricia of openly and actively participating in activities such as rallies, press conferences and fact-finding missions which violated the terms and conditions of her missionary visa.
The Bureau of Immigration yesterday approved the deportation order, concluding she had “violated the condition and limitations of her missionary visa”.
It also ordered Sr Patricia be put on the bureau’s “Blacklist, thus barring her re-entry into the country”.
Sr Patricia has long spoken up for the rights of workers, farmers and students in the Philippines, and Last month, The Philippines Department of Justice nullified a previous order to deport the nun.
A spokeswoman for Sr Patricia’s solidarity group, Nadhja Deera, said the nun plans to appeal the latest decision.
Ms Deera said she believed Sr Patricia has until Monday or Tuesday to lodge an appeal against the order.
Sought for her reaction by CBCP News, Sr Patricia admitted her disappointment but “we will look at what more we can do about it”.
She was seen yesterday attending the Philippine Conference on New Evangelisation organised by Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle.
At one point of the conference, Sr Patricia spoke about her faith and missionary works of helping the poor and the marginalised Filipinos in rural areas.
Philippines orders deportation of Sr Fox (CBCP News)