Position Description (PDF)
The Catholic Diocese of Broome, under the leadership of Bishop Christopher Saunders, exists to serve the people of God in the Kimberley and surrounding regions in the north west of Australia. Home to more than 10,000 Catholics, and covering an area of over 773,000 square kilometres, the Diocese is home to some of Australia’s oldest indigenous communities and picturesque landscapes. The Diocese comprises 10 Parishes, 13 Primary Schools and 2 Centacare Offices.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the efficient management and day to day administration of the financial accounting and reporting activities of the Chancery Office and ensuring parish communities across the Diocese are provided with efficient and effective support services. The Finance Officer will have a hands-on role and management of all daily operational activities, and be effective in their management of financial, property, budgetary and payroll management. The Finance Officer works in close association with the Chancery team to ensure that the purpose of this position fulfilled.
Specific duties of this role include:
- Management of financial records, including assisting parishes and diocesan entities regarding financial administration and processing
- Input to and maintenance of MYOB accounting records
- Preparation of budgets, BAS statements and financial reports
- Maintenance of term deposits
- Management of rental property income, maintenance and repair costs
- Payroll and maintenance of staff records
An attractive remuneration package, including base salary, superannuation, accommodation (including most outgoing costs) and a fully maintained motor vehicle is being offered for this role. This is a full-time role and based in Broome. Reasonable relocation expenses will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Finance Officer will ideally possess the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- A willingness to support the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- An understanding of the organisational structure of the Catholic Church in Australia would be desirable but not essential
- Experience in accounting or financial administration
- Good working knowledge of MYOB or other related accounting package
- Sound organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and consultatively across a wide spectrum of stakeholders
For a confidential discussion about this position and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications close 2 February 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.