Do you have a personal vocation to participate in the life of the Church? Are you an experienced and highly professional administrative superstar looking to serve the Bishop and the Church using your unique skills and talents? If you’ve answered yes to these questions then this opportunity is for you.
The Bishop and Bishop’s Office of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is seeking a Support Officer to provide outstanding professional administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the Bishop/Manager Bishop’s Office.
In this position you will undertake a diverse range of duties which include managing of calendars, organising and coordination of travel arrangements and meetings, preparation of documents and electronic records management. You will also be involved and responsible for organising events and functions, plus liaising with and processing visa applications for overseas clergy.
This is a permanent full-time position.
If this opportunity excites you, your values align with our Vision and Mission and you are committed to promoting and modelling the Catholic mission then we would love for you to apply for this position.
Join Us and Make a Difference to the Community
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle serves the Hunter and Manning regions which have a population of some 150,000 Catholics. Through its parishes, pastoral groups, and its agencies of Catholic Schools, CatholicCare, St Nicholas Early Education and other agencies, the diocese provides pastoral, educational, social welfare, and community development. The Diocese employs approximately 3,500 staff across these agencies.
To live the joy of the Gospel and share it with the world.
In 1992-93, the diocesan community resolved to embrace and promote the Vatican II understanding of the Church’s mission contained in the following:
The Church, because it is the People of God and the Body of Christ enlivened by his Spirit, is called to be a sign and instrument of communion with God and of unity among all people (LG1). The Church exists to promote the Kingdom of God on earth (LG5). This it does by proclaiming Christ – the Good News of God’s love for all people – and by working in the world for justice, peace and reconciliation.
Benefits of Working With Us
- receive an attractive salary;
- receive 3 additional days leave annually, Bishop Leave, between the Christmas and New Year period;
- ongoing training and development opportunities;
- a great friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- discounted gym membership;
- and more.
Please note, to be considered for this position you must provide individual responses to each of the selection criteria below.
- Business Administration Diploma or Certificate IV or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an administrative support role
- A capacity to understand, promote and model the Catholic mission of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
- High level of proficiency in use of common office computer applications e.g. Office 365, Electronic Document Records Management System (HPE Content Manager) etc.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changed timelines, deadlines and significant events
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders including Clergy, Parishes and Diocesan staff.
- Current Working With Children Check for paid employment.
For more information about the role, including the position description visit www.mn.catholic.org.au/about/careers/positions-vacant/ or you can contact the Executive Assistant to Bishop/Manager Bishop’s Office, Elizabeth Doyle on 4979 1109.
Please go to www.mn.catholic.org.au/about/careers/positions-vacant/ and click on the job link, then click on Apply Now. To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter individually addressing each of the essential criteria.
*Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Applicants may be required to undertake a national police check, hold a current employee Working With Children Check, complete a health assessment declaration, hold a current NSW driver's licence, and must have the ability to work within Australia.
Applications close 11.59pm Wednesday, 29 January 2020.