Founded in Italy in 1987, Radio Maria is a lay initiative within the Catholic Church that offers a unique opportunity to spread the Gospel using modern media. Expanding rapidly since its inception, and now established in over 80 countries around the world, Radio Maria broadcasts the Mass, the Liturgy of the Hours, the Rosary, music of a sacred, religious and inspirational nature, and interviews, talks and commentaries on matters of broad social interest from the perspective of the Catholic Church.
Radio Maria is about to establish a presence in Australia, and we a seeking a full time Office Coordinator whose responsibility will be to facilitate and coordinate the activities of those appointed to perform the broadcasting and fundraising tasks of the radio station.
Based in Preston, Melbourne, and reporting to the National President of Radio Maria, you will ensure the smooth running of the station by coordinating the operations of the various employees whose function is essential to the broadcasting of Radio Maria’s programmes. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the appointed Architects and radio technicians as required to enable the new premises to be fitted out as a radio station
- Facilitating the work of the staff whose specific roles concern (i) getting programmes to air, (ii) ensuring the optimal functioning of radio equipment and IT systems, and (iii) various fundraising activities
- Overseeing the recruitment of staff for the efficient running of the station
- Coordinating volunteers once the station is operational
- Ordering of ancillary station equipment as required
- Coordinating the payment of accounts
- Other general day-to-day office management tasks as negotiated with the Priest Editorial Director.
The Office Coordinator will ideally possess the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- A practising Catholic faith, with a committed approach to the Church, to their own spiritual well-being, and to evangelisation
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church’s teachings and traditions, and a commitment to undertake the role in accordance with the Church’s mission, ethos and values
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to this role (e.g. Economics, Management, Accounting, Commerce or Journalism)
- Work experience in an area that is relevant to the role
- An understanding of the key challenges being faced by the Church and the entities which fulfil its evangelising mission at this time
For a confidential discussion about this position and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications must include a Cover Letter (addressing how your knowledge, experience, qualifications and attributes align with the above Key Requirements) and Resume to be sent to Anthony Spata at [email protected]
Applications close 6 February 2020.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.